- read https://lizkeogh.com/2019/07/02/off-the-charts/
- sign up for https://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/climate-change
- why US bears responsibility for huge part of greenhouse emissions https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2019/4/24/18512804/climate-change-united-states-china-emissions
- excellent overview of problems and solutions at http://www.ecological-emergency.org/
- global emissions chart animation showing 0.6% increase in 2019 https://twitter.com/Peters_Glen/status/1202151771432468480
- Warming in Arctic will soon be felt globally
- Earth tipping points
With latest (grim) news, and sometimes positive updates
- Project Drawdown is the world’s leading resource for climate solutions.
Here is what I personally have done. This is something you should do too, and tell ALL your friends, relatives, coworkers and neighbors.
- Most effective ways to tackle climate
- have fewer children
- live car-free
- skip flights, use trains
- do not eat meat
- Go Climate Neutral - signed up for 2 people, $18 per month to offset family
- switched to solar electricity for my home via Clearway Community Solar
- painted my roof white
- Here's What You, Personally, Can Do About Climate Change Right Now
- every couple of months I donate $50 to each organization fighting for climate
If you are in Massachusetts, you can do the following:
- if you have 10 minutes a month, sign up: tenminuteheroes.com
- if you have a couple of hours a month, do maclimateactions.com
If you are working on green projects or climate emergency and need help with end-to-end test - let me know, I will help. I am currently helping to test these sites:
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby tries to put price on carbon in US, which is extremely important step to let green technologies compete in a fair way. Economists agree.
- Extinction Rebellion and Global climate strike
- 350.org acts locally and nationally. Check out what we do in Massachusetts at maclimateactions.com/ source code.
- Sunrise Movement
- Rainforest Action Network (RAN) produces exceptionally good reports about bank industry financing the planet's destruction